The WV Chapter of the APTA wishes to support students in physical therapist and physical therapist assistant education programs in WV who hope to further themselves and their profession by supporting their attendance at professional events. Scholarship applications will be released by the board office prior to the below events.
- Federal Advocacy Forum
- WVPTA Annual Conference
- APTA National Student Conclave (NSC)
One $500.00 scholarship will be awarded for each conference. Award amount may be split should applications warrant it.
- Must be a current student of an established or developing CAPTE accredited PT or PTA program in WV (can be in any year of the program).
- Must be a student member of the APTA/WVPTA at the time of application. Copy of membership card must be attached to the application.
Scholarship winners must submit an article for the WV Chapter Newsletter within a deadline of 30 days past the event for submission for the upcoming newsletter.
- Applications can be obtained by contacting the WV Chapter office or by visiting the website closer to the event. Students can visit the APTA website (www.apta.org) for more information on each of the specific events.
- Awarded applicants will be notified within 10 days of the final decision for planning purposes
The APTA provides various opportunities for student scholarships to national conferences and section specific events.